A good area rug can make any room look more spacious and welcoming. Unfortunately, it’s often expensive to get a high-quality rug. Once you have one, get it professionally cleaned to help it look, feel, and smell as good as possible. Professional maintenance and cleaning for your area rug can also help it last longer, which delays the need to buy a replacement.
Can I Clean an Area Rug Myself?
You should maintain your rug with regular vacuuming, rotation, brushing, and shaking. For thorough cleaning, though, you should entrust the process to area rug cleaning experts. Cleaning a rug can be a difficult process, and doing it incorrectly will damage your rug and fade the colors. A professional carpet cleaning company will be able to lift tough stains and can preserve the appearance of your rug even if there are no strains present. The best way to help your rug look great and last a long time is to get professional cleaning at least every few years.
Is Rug Cleaning the Same As Carpet Cleaning?
There are definitely similarities between rug cleaning and carpet cleaning, but there are also significant differences to take into account. For example, rugs don’t always have the plastic backing carpet does, and they’re not attached to the floor. That means rugs can be cleaned from both the top and bottom. Rugs can trap dirt and germs right at the base of their fibers, so it’s important to clean them from both sides when possible. In some cases, experts may even be able to remove the rug from your home and clean it with specialized equipment.
Zerorez Rug Cleaning Process
Zerorez Austin uses a thorough cleaning process to restore rugs back to their original glory. We offer both in-home cleaning and rug bathing at our location, which cleans all the way through a rug. You’re welcome to bring rugs into our location yourself, or a technician can bring them in when you order other services to your home. A professional rug wash at our location puts the rug through a thorough six-step process to ensure the best results possible.
- Our rug technicians start by performing a thorough inspection of your rug. This helps them find areas that may need repairs before the rest of the process begins. They’ll also identify stains and spots that might need special attention.
- Once the rug is at our washing plant, we’ll run it through a rug duster that removes all soil, dust, and grit with compressed air and gentle tapping. This method doesn’t put very much stress on the rug fibers, and it’s also more effective than shaking the rug out or beating it.
- After the dust and sand are out of your rug, we’ll put it in our enormous rug washing tank. A star-shaped paddle slowly sloshes the water around to get your rug clean without scrubbing or brushing the fibers. This allows for a clean that’s as gentle as it is thorough.
- After a good wash, the rug has to be rinsed out completely. We have a special rotating rinser that uses cold water and a fast spinning rotation to gently rinse and dry the rug so it doesn’t shrink or fade. The process was specifically designed so it doesn’t cause the colors to run.
- We finish the rug by grooming and detailing it to ensure it’s in top condition and protected against future contaminants. We’ll hang the rug to complete the drying process, because it may still be slightly damp after the rinsing process.
- Experienced rug technicians will inspect your rug again once it’s completely dry to ensure that it’s received a thorough cleaning. After your area rug passes inspection, we roll it, bind it, and return it to your home.
Why Choose Zerorez for Carpet and Rug Cleaning
The biggest reason to choose Zerorez for your rug cleaning is that we can restore rugs that just isn’t possible with at-home remedies. We don’t use soaps or detergents, which keeps your rugs cleaner, helps them dry faster, and guarantees there’s no residue left behind. Our Empowered Water technology allows us to avoid detergents that would attract dirt after cleaning. We even restore color to your rug without causing any run or bleed.
Area Rug Cleaning Austin
No one else can clean your rug quite like Zerorez. Contact our Austin location to get your rug back into top condition. You’ll be amazed by how much better it can look, and it will completely refresh the appearance of your room.